Eastwood: My Untold Story

8:38 AM

It's been a while I know.
Perhaps months in a row.
I have not written anything.
Nor bother telling.
Of what have been happening.
But one thing
for sure
I can testify that
God is awesome and
never he ceases to amaze me.

Psalm 23 has always been my favourite chapter in the Bible. In Indonesian or English this passage is not only beautiful but also powerful.

The first verse is ever true to our life. It's even truer since we moved to the Downunder.

"The Lord is my shepherd
I shall not want"

In other translations, "I shall not want" also:
1. I lack nothing
2. I have everything I need
3. He gives me everything I need
4. and many more variations

I went to Eastwood this afternoon to pick up some Asian spices. This area is well known as Asian shopping precinct run by either Chinese or Korean. I had a not-so-pleasant memory about this place and never really liked shopping there. The Korean side is fine but honestly I think the Chinese side was a bit too packed, people are coming from different backgrounds, speaking loudly in different languages -- mostly dialects of Chinese and you are not to expect too much about great  customer service because it is almost to completely nonexistent. Apparently, we interpret and perceive good manners differently.



But today I just made it back to Eastwood again. To the Chinese side. To the other side of the train station. The side that was never been my preference to be.


I got everything I need. Galangal -- ticked -- fresh and plumpy. Shallot ticked. Red chilli ticked -- good-lookingly firm. Longan -- ticked. Chicken liver and gizzard -- ticked. For the sake of my hard to please Southeast Asian palate, oh God, thank you for Eastwood! Thank you for the Chinese side of Eastwood!

As I climbed up the stairs to the rooftop of a jam packed car park -- where I had a row with another visitor who was about to take my long awaited spot -- I could not NOT to look at the beautiful sky. I looked up, overwhelmed by a sensation that was beyond my understanding. Suddenly my heart was filled with the beautiful verses of Psalm 23. They filled out my heart in a way I thought it was nearly exploded.

"The Lord is my shepherd...
I have everything I need"

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images